The word of the day is designed to broaden our grammatical horizons. Nothing is more impressive than casually spouting off 5-syllable masterpieces in mid-sentence – except maybe really big boobs… Anyway, every day I’ll post a new word for you to work into daily conversation so that you can wow friends, dazzle coworkers and confuse blonde girls and frat guys, because learning is fun and knowing is half the battle.
 

January 24, 2005

Beat the Cat

“Beat the Cat” is a new feature designed to get a little reader interaction going on around here. If you didn’t know, I do a “Word of the Day” every day where I introduce a new word and definition, then use that word in a sentence. But if you are reading this then that means you probably know about it. Nevermind, I'm retarded.

Some of the time I try to be funny in the sentences, but I’m not going to lie, most of the time I’m pretty much just mailing it in, and quite frankly a lot of them suck balls. So, I came up with the idea for my readers to “Beat the Cat” by finding one of my sentences that was pretty weak, and submitting their own that probably blow mine out of the water.

So, every week or so I’ll pick out my favorite submission and post it alongside mine with a shoutout to whoever came up with it. Be creative. Make me laugh, and it would also help if you threw in a quick picture of your boobs too. Whatever you want.

I purposely came up with a horrible sentence for today’s word so you can get your feet wet, but feel free to browse the archives and fix an old one too. Alright, get started. Seriously. Do not read this shit anymore. If you are still reading I am going to reach through the monitor and beat your ass.

Beat the Cat